Friday, February 16, 2007

Where Are They Now?

I receive many questions about our soccer alumni here at Maranatha so I thought it might be nice to relay what many of them are up to. I only gave their last initials to somewhat preserve their privacy. If you played with them, you will know who they are. Most of these players are those who I have personally coached, although I always like to hear what any soccer players from Maranatha are doing, so if you would like to give me info about yourself, a teammate or have a good idea for a post, email me at jcaucutt@mbbc.edu.
Katrina (A) B. - lives in Columbus, WI; recently had her third child; works with the youth at New Testament Baptist.
KJ (does she need a last initial?) - lives in Texas, expecting her first child; married to a fireman; teaches in a Christian school
Adam S. - working on an MS in agricultural engineering at UW Madison; attends New Testament in Columbus, WI
Susie F. - working in a Christian school in Phoenix, AZ; has a significant other
Christine and Travis - both Maranatha Soccer alums; taking seminary classes in Pennsylvania; headed for the mission field
Sommer R. - just left on her third short-term mission trip in two years
Myles K. - just took a youth pastorate in Illinois
Lisa K. - just finished student teaching (finally!)
Laura (F) S. - living in the Chicago area; her husband works for Systems Parking; not sure what L is doing, I think she is teaching; she attend the women's match v Dominican University last fall
Lindsey D. - teaching kindergarten in a Christian school in MI
Steve D. - getting married this summer; hopes to attend dentistry school in the fall
Kimmy G. - just finished student teaching; living in Watertown (Kimmy, come visit us sometime!); I think she is planning to get married this summer, but I havn't seen the "rock" yet.
Hayley M. - student teaching in MI; has several options for the fall
Jennifer A. - working as a coach and secretary here at MBBC
Tim A. - married and working in IN; I think he is still attempting to play professionally

Michelle F. - married, her husband spent time in Iraq and has returned to finish his degree; just had their second child
Carrie (C) P. - lives in Watertown; I need to call her sometime. ..
I'm sure that there are others I have missed and I'm sure that I got some of the info wrong up above. Feel free to correct it or let me know how you are doing.
The 2007 Alumni scrimmages have been set for Saturday, August 25th. Women play at 10:00 am and the men play at 3:00 pm.
Jen Adam just gave me a bunch of great electronic photos - mostly taken by Mr. Coordes. I hope to post a few of them over the next couple of months. Among other things they include "skinny coach", "young Lindsey", "hustlin' Hyder", "headband Tsunami" and many others. Good times. - C

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was fun to read =). I hope you get more info on other people...like allison y, jackie s, kelly s, melissa h....i do know that jeannine s has 2 girls now =).

Thanks coach =)!!

oooo...the alumni game...aug 25th? really?? Hmmm...i'd LOVE to come...my parents were supposed to come to tx that weekend. maybe we could meet in WI...lol =)

Anonymous said...

Thats great Coach! But Jennifer??? It's like I'm in trouble! :) Im SO happy we are having an alumni game - DANKE!

Coach C said...

Allison is in New Jersey, but I think she and Tim are trying to come back to WI and work in a Christian school. Jacque (spelled it right) is teaching in IL last I heard. Kelly is living in IN. Melissa is still teaching in WI, she alost came on our mission's trip last summer. I hadn't heard much from Jeannine lately. I would really like to hear from Colleen sometime. My wife told me that I made several mistakes in this post...as usual, I need help.

Anonymous said...

ooops...my sis in law is jackie...so i completely forgot how to spell JACQUE.

ya, so i've been told that apparently i won't be able to run that soon after having a baby since it will only have been 3-4 weeks. I guess i'm out of the game =(.

Coach C said...

When has a doctor's orders ever stopped you? I do understand how it might be hard for Andrew to bring water out to everyone while holding a newborn.

Tim said...

Attempting to play professionally may be a bit of an overstatement, but I guess one tryout was an attempt which I didn't make it but I still think there was some success. I think I still have it in me if I can find something in the next year.

Coach C said...

Marriage hasn't made it to your waistline yet, I take it.

Tim said...

I still have control of my metabolism.