Monday, February 19, 2007

Training Session

Picture from a 2002 college women's practice. That freshman class finished as the winningest class ever for Maranatha women's soccer.Here is a link to a training session that was published on a website about a year ago. There are several things that I wish I had done differently, but many coaches who come to this site might get something you can use from it. I am still working on ideas for releasing training sessions on this blog, but it is difficult to do with text only. If any of you would like a particular soccer topic discussed on this blog, send it to me and we will mention it.
David Harris the referee assignor for the Northern Athletics Conference has also taken the job as the head girl's soccer coach at La Follette High School. David has been one of the top referees in the state for many years. He started the boys and girls soccer programs at Watertown High School.

Another picture from 2002. According to the comments on the previous post, we won't be seeing this move at the 2007 Alumni Scrimmage. Too bad. -C

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

actually, those weren't doctor's orders (you're right...i don't listen to those =P). that was the opinion of my mother...and since i have no experience in the recovery yet, i guess i believed her =P.

Coach C said...

Kim G. is getting married that day, so she and Laura won't be able to make it. I hope there are enough alumni to pull this off. I would never want you to go against the advice of your mother.

Anonymous said...

lol...i take it Laura is in the wedding party ;P.

Ya, 3 weeks is way to early to put a baby on a plane anyways...Maybe next time =). I DO hope that you get enough people though!!

Anonymous said...

No worries, I will find enough if I have to drive them here myself!! Or steal some previous but not current players....