Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Conflict

I hate it when this happens. . .a large number of event are coming together at one time tonight. First, I get off work at 5 pm. Then, I need to weigh in about 5:45 pm for my weight loss contest. Insert joke here. After weighing in, I will go to the Fellowship Youth Group for game time at 6 pm, then I teach the Bible study for the Alpha (Jr. High) at 7 pm. Then it gets interesting. . . Lord willing, I will arrive home around 8:15 pm. At which time, E and E will need to be put to bed - can be a long process. The Wisconsin/Penn St. game will have started at 7 pm and will be almost over by the time I get there. The Duke/N. Carolina game starts at 8 pm, featuring two of my favorite coaches. Finally, to top it all off, the US Men's Soccer team plays Mexico at 8 pm. It is only a friendly, but it's Mexico! USA has an interim manager who is trying to win the job outright. There will be several overseas players on the roster. It could be a very interesting game. I'll let you know how things go. I'm sure I will record it for SECO-437 Techniques of Coaching Soccer that meets 5th period Tuesdays and Thursdays.- C

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

COACH! I am so with you! I have the same dilema (less the UW game!)....I love Duke B-Ball and Coach K. Yet US vs MEX is unbeatable. I think I will be recording the soccer game on my dvd recorder in one room while I am watching the b-ball game in the other! Great fun!

Jen has a bunch of soccer pics from '01 and beyond on her computers. Digital ones from Mr. Coordes, etc. So you may want to get those from her sometime. :)

Coach C said...

I would like to get some more pics. I'll talk to Jen. I think I will record the US game and flip back and forth to the UNC/Duke game even though our VCR player makes the tv really fuzzy. I'll probably end up watching the soccer game about 3x.

Sarah said...

I hate it when I am in situations like this!!!! What game to watch?....what game to watch?....It's all so confusing! Oh wait--perhaps I will just put the kids to bed, finish loads of laundry, wash the supper dishes, and pack lunches for tomorrow. Then I will not have to make such a hard choice.... :-)

Coach C said...

Yes. . . but you are married to me! That makes it all worthwhile. Looks like I only have one choice tonight: help around the house, record the US game and watch it during the coaching soccer class. Watch highlights of the UNC-Duke game on Sports Center.

Anonymous said...

Remember when we used to listen to those games on the long ride back from Sun Prairie? In the blue geo . . .:-D

- - Jill

Coach C said...

Greg, It is kind of sad, but somewhat characteristic of my life. . . This blog has a lot of lurkers. . . I need to do more to stir up controversy.

Unknown said...

I never know what to comment! I'm not into soccer . . . don't hit me.

Coach C said...

Dana, I understand. My content has a limited audience - although soccer has approximately 6 billion fans. .. relatively few of them speak English. :)

Coach C said...

Jill, ah, the blue geo. It is probably still rolling around somewhere, filled with Polish migrant workers. . .

Greg, I thought it was great to have Arena and Wynalda in the same booth. I am certain that they despise each other with a passion. I would have paid money just to see the expressions on their faces during the match. I think Arena beats Wynalda in a fight.