Wednesday, August 01, 2007

2007 Soccer Camp

I am finally getting around to the 2007 Maranatha Soccer Camp blog post.
We have been dealing with preaseason date issues all week. The NCAA made a late ruling that affected a lot of schools and a lot of student athletes. If you are planning to attend preseason, you can get more information here.
We had a great week with 62 campers in attendance. The Lord has steadily grown our camp over the past four years:
2004: 26
2005: 43
2006: 49
2007: 62

First, I want to thank the staff. All of them did an outstanding job and worked very hard for very little money. You can check out the staff who helped out in this messed up post. Sixty-two campers is about the limit for what our facilities can handle here on campus and we are looking into other options for next year.

Campers came from the following states: MI, IN, WI, IL, IA, MN, VA, AZ, and OR. We hope it was worth the trip for all of them. One team took advantage of the team discount - we always enjoy Randy Lightcap and his group of South Side soccer players.

We had our largest group of girl's soccer players this week with 14 and there were some really nice players in that group. I am excited to see the women's side grow. I also enjoyed meeting and working with several men who will be seniors in high school this fall. I believe that all of them have the potential to be contributors on the college level. There was another senior who missed camp this year because of a boy scout trip. He has been one of our faithful attenders at soccer camp. Hopefully I can get to one if his matches this fall.

Here are some more pictures of soccer camp. You may also want to check out the gallery on the MBBC website.


- C




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the neon Jako scrimmage vests!

Coach C said...

It would have been great to have rj here. There were several players of his level.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, perhaps I can video a game or 2 this year and send to you? OR you could just come to MI with all your free time in the fall. :)

Coach C said...

I really need to see him play. . .it might be difficult for me to find a VHS player, though. Could you put it on youtube? :)

Anonymous said...

haha...nice. when i get my high tech digital recorder...sure. I guess you will just have to come see him.