Saturday, February 03, 2007

I know soccer is not the most popular sport in the US, but I like it anyway.

One of my friends from a long time ago and a far away place has a mildly amusing blog. At the moment, he is taking a poll about the Super Bowl. In his poll, he tries to take a swipe at soccer. I encourage you to read this post and then go vote. I'm really mostly jealous that he knows how to put a poll on his blog, but thought it might be fun to tweak him a little.


My response to "soccer is a game for girls" is "That's a bad thing?" - C

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute picture of your girls! My boys like most sports but are not crazy about soccer. I wonder if it's because they can't use their hands. I think soccer is very popular in our area. We see people playing soccer all the time (girls and boys!).

Coach C said...

The Madison/Milwaukee areas are hotbeds for soccer. There is a girl on the current US National team from the Milwaukee area and one or two men from the Madison area who are getting attention from English premier league teams.