Friday, March 23, 2007

Congratulations Susie!

Many of you know that Susie Ferris has been teaching in Phoenix, AZ for the past year. In early September she called to let me know that she had been "hanging out" with a guy from the church there. Last week, James and Susie visited here at MBBC and this week, they became engaged. I am impressed with James and very happy for Susie. I had the privilege of coaching Susie for two years in high school and then four years in college where she became our all-time leader in games played with 80! She also spent a year as an assistant coach while finishing up her major in Music Education. All of you who played with her, are aware of her disciplined lifestyle, upbeat personality, and commitment to Christ.

The wedding date is August 4 in Phoenix. I wish I could figure out a way to go. Maybe I can do a soccer camp down there that week. . . hmm. . . soccer camp in Phoenix in August. . . If any of you would like her email address, send me an email and I will send it to you.-C

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY! For susie!!!

TwoSticks said...

Hey coach we're only a 13 hour drive from Phoenix, if you do go to the wedding your welcome to stay with us.

Coach C said...

Awesome! I just need to find a plane ticket.

Sarah said...

Twosticks, can we bring all of our kids too? :-)
--Mrs. Coach

Anonymous said...

Perhaps you can fly to Las Vegas for $99 and drive from there. I believe kids 2 and under are free. :)

Coach C said...

Sounds like we are going. ;)

TwoSticks said...

Bring everybody, but if you plan on spending the night you'll also have to bring a tent. I'm afraid we can't squeeze any more bunkbeds into our 2 bedroom house. Unless you don't mind staying across town at the grandparents house (across town=.8 miles).

Coach C said...

Who needs a tent? It never rains out there. That would be a riot. Don't think I can make it, though, sorry, Susie.

Sizzledowski said...

I worked with one of the Ferris girls when she was in Jr. high, but I don't remember which one. :( Shame on me!

~melissa szydlowski