Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Summer Groups

I am a soccer coach and I love any type of athletic competition, however, while I was in college, I had the opportunity to be a member of the Chamber Singers choir and the Watchmen Quartet while a student at the college. My experiences while traveling with these groups helped to form some of my fondest memories of college and taught me a great deal about dealing with people. I was also able to visit over 40 states in the Union on Maranatha's dime. . . I loved these trips and never wanted them to end - even when the 12 week, 13,000 mile Watchmen tour was over, I still wanted to continue. Anyway, I have enjoyed reading the blogs of the two Maranatha groups who are on the road this summer: the Heritage Singers and the Triumphant Brass. The updates bring back a lot of memories. I would travel with a singing group again in a hearbeat - but they probably would not like having a three kids along. Maybe I can get my CDL when my kids leave home and drive for a choir. . . If any of you are in college and you have the opportunity to travel - do it! - C

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...so you are planning on being at MBBC until the kids are out of the house now? Sarah have any input on that?? :)

Coach C said...

Anything can happen. :)