Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Behind in Posting

I am way behind in posting on Maranatha Soccer. I have a number of posts that are close to being ready, but I just haven't buckled down and got them up on the site. Here are a few things for you to catch up:

Luke McCarnan had emergency appendix surgery. He is recovering well, but has a lot of summer school work to finish before he leaves for Northland Camp.

I am running a 3-day soccer camp for 3, 4, and 5 year-olds. (What was I thinking!?) The kids are fun, but there certainly isn't much serious soccer happening from 5:30 to 6:30 pm at Brandt-Quirk Park in Watertown this week.

I have been trying to instruct in the University of Wisconsin-Madison soccer camps for several years. I finally got a call yesterday...but my summer is already booked. The week they needed me is the same week that I will be running a soccer camp in Rochelle, IL. However, I was able to give them Jennifer Adam's name and I know she will do a great job.

Angela Fenstermacher was married at the beginning of May. Sarah helped with the decorating and reception and I was able to sit with two rows of soccer girls during the ceremony. Too much fun! Killingsworth, Kennedy, Dow, Kutz, Nichols and others were there. Thankfully we did not disrupt the ceremony too much - it probably helped that we were outside. The only thing that I am disappointed about is that I can't call Ang, Fenstermonster, anymore... Although I'm sure that 'Aulph' will lend itself to many more nicknames.

I received a wedding invite from Steph Ujvary in the mail last week. She is finally getting married. I would love to go to the wedding. Sarah and I enjoy WY a great deal - our anniversary is one week (7/14) after Steph's wedding on July 7...

We also recieved an invite to Kim Gavitt's wedding in AK on August 25th. Another place that Sarah and I would love to visit...

Summer school is over. It is always sad to see the last few kids leave until the fall. Although, I don't miss Melissa, Barb, Olga and Hayley coming over all the time.

I hurt my knee a couple of weeks ago and was not able to finish the season with the Madison Masters. I'm pretty bummed about that. Hopefully I will be healthy for Maranatha Soccer Camp in July.

The Watertown High School girls team had a very disappointing season this year, but something switched in the play-offs. They ended up winning three straight games and finished their season in a respectable defeat by Waukesha West - one of the best teams in the state. This Saturday, I will go to open houses for Kendell, Bailey and Whitney. I have coached these young ladies in one place or another around Watertown since they were in 8th grade. Kendell is planning to play college soccer at Carroll College and Whitney will be trying out at UW-Whitewater. I would love to schedule those teams in the next couple of years.- C

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow - i was gone to MI for a week and only missed one post. That was easy to catch up on at least =P. I'm too "ADD" to read too much, so thanks coach =).

We brought the clothes back with us that you guys sent home with my parents for Andi Rae...approx 8 weeks left!!!