Monday, January 15, 2007

Offseason for C

I am one of the instructors for the first ever Watertown Soccer Club Winter Footskills Academy. Over 75 kids, from 3rd - 12th grade signed up for this six-week clinic. Last Saturday was our first session. I had HS Boys, HS Girls, and 3/4th grade sessions. Our topic was "The Bottom of the Foot". Forty-five minutes of technical training using only the bottom of the foot was an interesting session for which to prepare. We spent the balance of each hour playing 3v3 or 4v4 futsal.


I also taught the first two hours of Techniques of Coaching Soccer class at the college this week. Every class period, we spend time watching soccer - since I have about 25 DVD's from last year's World Cup. It is interesting to see how many people who are on their way to other classes hang out just outside the classroom door until class starts. Hope we don't make anyone late. . Right now we are studying the history of soccer. Here is one interesting fact - an early soccer match was played with the severed head of a Danish prince. There are several sources that support this story.


My four-old asked to watch "soccer on tv, daddy" last night. Don't know what that means. . . either she really likes it or she is just "kissing up". - C

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We will just say your raised her well! And props to Sarah for recording all those games while you where enjoying Germany. :)

Sarah said...

Yes, I try to do my part in this family, Sand. :-)
I am sure Shasta will love this picture of her.....