Monday, June 05, 2006

Day 8

I have heard a few things from Erlangen where the ladies are staying - they have had several opportunities to pass out tracts. The church has made several good contacts. They had a match scheduled against a team in the area, last Saturday, but for some reason they did not show up. There were enough people around for a pick-up match and were able to pass out tracts and share the gospel with some of those who they played against. Today they had another match today. I heard that they won 3-2. Congrats, Ladies! I hope to travel up to Erlangen next Friday and see their match against the University.

The men in Ingolstad held our first soccer clinic today. There were a number of children from the church here and almost ten unsaved children showed up. Today was a holiday in Germany and we expect quite a few more kids over the next couple of days.



We hoped to pass out tracts at a local park in the afternoon, but the weather was poor and no one was in the park. Instead, Pastor Ruttgers organized a last-minute trip to the concentration camp at Dachau. The history there was fascinating and sobering. We were able to pass out a few tracts and talk to some folks about spiritual things.


In the evening, we passed out tracts at a Folk Festival in Ingolstadt. There were opportunities to witness and some of the players convinced me to go on a ride called the "Transformer". I will let the pictures do the talking. . .

. . .pictures will come tomorrow. We are having trouble with our connection. -C

3 comments:

Jill Thompson said...

Sounds like things are good for you, Josh. :-) Joyous and I had our first day of camp today. She had 22 eleven year olds all day! She's still alive to tell about it. It was a good day and she'll do well, I think. Enjoy Germany!

Love,
Your little sis ;-)

Sarah said...

Please boys, don't kill my husband while in Germany. He is an old man and shouldn't be conned into doing crazy youthful stunts. :-)
Glad to hear you have had many chances to witness. We are praying that the Lord will work in the hearts of the people contacted, as well in the hearts of each team member, being used as instruments in God's hands.

Anonymous said...

Dachau was amazing. It was very sobering for me and my class when we went. I know you all probably learned a lot while you were there. I know we did. Did you guys see the film? That was even more amazing then the camp and museum. The crematorium was very sobering also. I hope you guys saw that. I enjoyed Dachau but at the same time I hated it. I hope to hear a lot when you return. -Dan Campbell