Friday, November 09, 2007

We Have Arrived

I had hoped to post more pictures, but I need to download them from some of the girls. We arrived in Orlando with no problems. Airtran was on time and delivered our luggage. We can't ask for much more from airlines these days. We attend a dinner put on by the NCCAA II immediately after arriving. It was nice to get at least one free meal. Unfortunately, most of Ann Bolton' time in Florida has been spent driving the rental van. We have to take two trips everywhere we go, we finally got everyone back to the hotel by 11:30 pm last night.

I was optimistic about the hotel when I first saw it. There is a nice view and the rooms are very large - almost suite sized - however there have been a few problems. I have to slam my door has hard as I can to get it to close, I think the frame is bent. Last night it was a little cold and so I turned on the room heater, but it set off the smoke alarm. The room was cold this morning so I was looking forward to a hot shower only to find no hot water - and I am certain that I was up before the rest of the team. I have called the front desk several times and gotten no answer, so I am trying to get up the courage to go in and shower with cold water. Maybe I don't need one. . .

We are excited about our match today. It has been almost two weeks since we have played a game. Our adjustment to that much time off will be interesting. Stay tuned - C

No comments: