Friday, April 20, 2007

100th Post

I know it has been a long time since I have posted. This is my 100th post on this blog. Hopefully I have not lost too many readers over the last couple of weeks. Here are some of the latest happenings and a few observations:

The women's scrimmage v Cardinal Stritch was cancelled due to poor weather. Very disappointing, but it sure is nice outside right now. . .

Dan Campbell, Chris Jochum and Emily Kutz helped me run a 2 hour soccer clinic at a Christian school in Utica yesterday. While driving there, I realize that I had played my very first organized soccer game against that school in 1984. Maybe I will shared my memories of that day in a future post. . .

I was hoping to see a couple of recruits play next week, but I don't think I will be able to get out of town. It is much more difficult to travel now that Sarah and I have three children.

My first Madison Master's soccer game is tomorrow in Madison. Playing in these games might be the highlight of my year - within reason. Boy, do I love to play. Win or lose, doesn't matter.

I have been following the Virginia Tech tragedy pretty closely - an awful event. I have a lot to say on this topic, but something that really struck me is that we never hear about these shootings at gun shows, rifle ranges or Texas. They always happen in a place where guns are banned. . . it seems to me that guns are not the problem.

I have been blessed by the diverse talents of many of the players on the men's and women's soccer teams. We have many who are active in student government, ministry societies, plays, band and choirs. Several will be traveling in ministry groups over the next few months. If you ever have the ability to hire someone who played soccer for four years at MBBC, chances are you will be getting an employee who is well-rounded and knows how to get involved. I enjoy recommending our soccer alumni.

We have several solid recruits visiting the college next week.
Julie Muse will be returning to Germany again this summer with the Maranatha volleball team. We are all extremely jealous. Pray for her, this is a last minute decision and finances will be tight.

Elijah Ronald (or Elijah Ronaldinho, as I have taught Elise and Eliana to say) is doing well. Still not sleeping through the night, but he has been a pretty good newborn over all. -C

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to see you're still alive with such few posts. Glad to hear your newest family member is doing well!

I'm confused about julie...is she just doing vball on the missions trip or is she switching teams?

I'm with ya on the gun issue...guns aren't the problem. I sleep with one by my bed and i haven't shot anybody yet =P =) ;).

Have a good weekend. We're on spring break for a week, then we have 3 1/2 weeks left of school. I'm SOOOO excited!

My parents will be at mbbc for graduation since lisa's graduating. unfortunately i can't be there.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your 100th post! I'm creeping up on 100 too, and plan to do a post on 100 books (similar to Gretchen's post earlier this year).

I received an email comparing the number of accidental deaths caused by doctors vs. the number of accidental deaths caused by guns. Comparatively, doctors cause 9,000 times more accidental deaths than guns. Are guns the problem?

I've read that for healthy newborns, you can feed them water at night. After a few days, they will not wake up for water and will sleep through the night. Thus, the rest of the family (especially mom) can sleep as well.