Monday, March 10, 2008

Big Announcement at MBBC

Many at Maranatha have know about this for some time, but last Friday the official announcement was made: Jeff Pill is named as the new soccer coach at Maranatha! You can read the story here. Ironically, I have been "stealing" Pill's Drills for a long time and a couple of years ago I learned that Jeff was a member of Dr. Phelp's church in New Hampshire. In fact, when Dr. Phelps became the new president of Maranatha, I had hoped to get Coach Pill to instruct at the Maranatha Soccer Camp. This is a great hire for soccer at Maranatha. I have been privileged to spend some time with Coach Pill and believe that he and I are in lock-step when it comes to coaching philosophy - the difference between us is that he just might be a little bit better coach.

I have shared this on a number of occasions, but I believe that both the men's and women's teams are poised for outstanding seasons. Anyone who watched us play late in the season last year will know that both teams have the talent and now the experience to win on both the D3 and NCCAA levels. I also believe that with the addition of a coach the stature of Coach Pill, there may be some recruits who who will chose Maranatha and put the teams "over the top".

In the meantime, I have taken a new position at Colorado Christian University. The announcement was made a couple of weeks ago and I am looking forward to a new challenge as their head men's soccer coach. Things have moved very quickly and we will be moving at the end of March so that I can be a part of the spring season at CCU and start recruiting for the fall.

Please keep Coach C and Coach P in your prayers as we make transitions to our new places of ministry. - C

10 comments:

gone forever said...

haha - thanks for the link coach =p =).

That's awesome that you get to coach at CCU. I hope you and your team do well!! And I'm sure your family will love CO...it's so gorgeous!! If Kristen gets a job in CO, we just might have to take a road trip that way to see one of your soccer games sometime =).

Glad MBBC found a soccer coach already too!!...and that he's able to do both teams.

Anonymous said...

Hey Coach!
Is Pill really coaching both teams? We were told that he was just doing the guys, and now the website says he is doing both guys and girls....???
- Kutz

Anonymous said...

The online article says "both" teams. . . don't know if it is accurate or not.

Anonymous said...

Coach...wow...I am still shocked that you are leaving...but I guess it's true.

Anonymous said...

I am still a little shocked myself. I think I will have to pinch myself once in a while after we move. This has happened very fast.

I hate having to miss graduation this year - lot's of people that I like are graduating.

Anonymous said...

I hear this really cool chick did a ridiculously long write-up about the new coach which should be up on the C-net um, any day now. You should check it out . . .

Anonymous said...

so, do we have a "final post" to look forward to on the MBBC Soccer blog?

Anonymous said...

Coach! Post again!!!

By the way, Shannon told us about the phone, nice work. You make me proud.

Oh, and I hit an amazing shot on Saturday. Upper 90, beautiful. Had you been anywhere in Wisconsin I would have shanked it as usual =)

But yeah, POST AGAIN!! SOON!

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I visited your blog through Google and found it to be informative and interesting.

Keep up the fantastic work!

Soccer Drills

rupiawan said...

article and the information is very useful for me, I will always be waiting for any posts you next