Thursday, October 25, 2007

JBoe's Team Advances

One of the objectives of the Maranatha Soccer program is to produce young men and women who can coach soccer and disciple young people at the same time. Whenever possible, we like to highlight alumni who have moved on to the coaching ranks and who are coaching with an eternal mindset.

I did not coach Jason Boe. I was his teammate for a time - you might remember him from the Top 11 Men post from a year or so ago. For several years now, Jason has been the head men's soccer coach in Minooka, IL. Here is a news article about how his team is advancing through the playoffs. It is a good story and we wish Jason and his team all the best. In the article, Jason has an opportunity to reference his faith in Christ in a public way. I am certain that even though Jason is coaching soccer in a secular setting, his players know for Whom he lives:

"This is business for us," Minooka coach Jason Boe said. "We're not surprised by this win. Even though we upset Bloom, it's not a surprise to us. Because we know what type of players we have on our team, the leadership that we have, the ability that God's given us. And it's not a surprise. We're basically telling the world, 'We're here. Welcome to our world.' "

Here is the thing: Jason would not have the opportunity to coach and mentor and disciple in a public school if he did not possess athletic talent and training. The doors of ministry for someone who knows their sport and walks with God are wide open right now.

There are three young men and two young ladies who will be graduating from our soccer program this season. All of them love God and know the game of soccer. Furthermore, a person who can survive the rigors of 4 or 5 years at MBBC, can survive almost anything. Their character has been proven. If you are looking to hire someone for your business or ministry in the coming year, you must consider Daniel Kaminski, Tim Reinert, Andrew Swift, Kristen Kowalcyk or Shasta Miklowski. I can't promise that you will compete for a state title like JBoe, but you will never question their faithfulness or competence.

I'm just trying to get a couple of them to stick around and be my assistants next year. . . -C

4 comments:

Greg said...

They just won again, 2-0.

Anonymous said...

Did you go to the game?

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for your kind and generous comments Coach. It is by grace that God has given Himself an arena by which His name may be proclaimed. I have the opportunity to sit on the sidelines and see Him move in mysterious ways. He has given me boldness to proclaim His goodness, when I am so afraid of men. The verse, "what can mortal man do to me," has been a gift of grace in my life. Were it not for grace where sin in my life abounded, I would not have the stage to tell of His mighty acts. I pray that His power and might continue to shine in the midst of wins and losses.

JBoe

Greg said...

No, I didn't go. If I'd known about it ahead of time, I would have. Turns out the game was only about 20 minutes from my work.

JBoe, when and where do your guys play next? The IHSA site isn't very clear, but it looks like you're playing at Toyota Park?