Friday, December 22, 2006

All-Conference Freshman



This year, two young men made the All-Freshman team in the Northern Athletics Conference: Mike Knepp and Brett Hollenbeck. Mike is from Pennsylvania and played for a strong soccer program at Pocono Mountain East HS. Mike is one of the most physically gifted players that I have ever coached and I am excited about his future in our program. Brett is also from a strong soccer program here in Wisconsin - Faith Christian School in William's Bay. Brett surprised me this year, because I didn't think he possessed the physical characteristics to have great success at this level. However, I underestimated his skill with the ball and he adjusted to the speed of play very well. Both players are a part of an outstanding 2006 freshman class that includes Zach Rabenstein (Muncie, IN), Joel Smith (Salisbury, MD), Dan Campbell (Bolingbrook, IL) and several others who will contribute in the future. I also have high hopes for the 2007 class. I believe that many of them possess the talent that when combined with the experience of the rest of our squad, could make us a contender in the coming year.- C

No comments: