Sunday, July 16, 2006

One More Week Until Soccer Camp at Maranatha!

During the coming week I will be traveling down to Rochelle, Illinois every day for a soccer camp for the local high school in that town. Please pray that I keep my energy level high, that I stay awake on the road and that gas prices go down. . .
Next week marks the beginning of our soccer camp here at Maranatha. This is promising to be one of our largest camps in several years. I am also excited about the staff who will be instructing this year. Jennifer Adam was a standout player for the Maranatha women's team from 2000-2004. She has since become a college assistant for the last two years and the head coach of the Maranatha Academy girl's team for the past three seasons. Timothy Ashton was also a standout player for the men's team at MBBC. Tim was a former soccer camper at Maranatha and has been a staff counselor for several years. Myself, Jennifer and Tim will be the main instructors for camp this year. We will also have a couple of sessions for goalkeepers put on by Andrew Swift. Others who plan to help with camp this year are freshmen Justin Martinez, Brett Hollenbeck, Emily Kutz and Emily Dow. Sophomores include Abigail Kalscheur and Julie Muse. I hope to find one more upperclassmen to help as a counselor on the men's side. It is not too late to sign up for camp - just click on the MBBC link at the right and go to the camp page. - C

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Dude, was that the fastest summer ever? Great reading about your adventures! JG

Coach C said...

Thanks, I've been keeping up on you as well. The internet has really become incredible. I will always remember you and your bro using the computer in the library and hearing that weird dial-up noise through the entire library. I could never figure out what you guys were doing. At that point in my life, I tried to stay as far away from computers as possible. . .

gone forever said...

And a little over a month until your college team needs to be in shape so they can TRY to beat the alumni ;P...lol...Can't wait =).